Thursday, June 4, 2009

My favorite multimedia sites - for today.

After my last post I got some comments, like "Don't you have any favorite web sites?"

Well, I guess my answer is that, other than the kinds of sites I mentioned in my previous post, sites that help me operate in the vast cloud called the 'space,' I really don't have enduring favorites.

But I do come across sites that wow me and I return to them for a while.

I'll list 2:


  • Both are video-heavy (I'm into video-impact on the web right now).
  • Both have high drama in them - one more on the comic side - but showing regular people stuff really well, the other very dramatic real life stories.
  • Both have religious tones.
  • One is Jewish humor (and life) style I love to listen to.
  • One is Christian. Very Christian. But, above all, very real. (I have warned you). Stories in video interview (state of the art) style with people from all walks of life, including Joe Gibbs.
Site 1:

Old Jews telling Jokes

Funny, warm, charming, and more.


Site 1:

I am second


Has some of the most amazing video I have ever seen, anywhere. Watch the Karen Green story. A mix of the 'reality' style video - jerky, un-smooth editing - and the state of the art methods used for compelling video interviews on the very best sites. Light years beyond the 'talking head.'

Some of the best web design I have ever seen - anywhere. But definitely for broadband. 3 years ahead of where most of us are.

After the video is over, you get to go horizontal navigation and hyperlink with dynamic links to text versions of her life, montages of photos, many more ways to look at her story. Amazing. What I want my web storytelling to be. My capstone ideas are already spinning very high and this is one way I can develop them.

Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

  1. So where in "the cloud" do you go to find news? Jews telling jokes is an old favorite of mine too. I found it originally through The Heeb blog, which is also very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually read a lot of news - but I roam around. Read the Brits some - BBC, and Telegraph (yes - some great insights). Not a fan of The Guardian. Also read some German papers and other media sources - like Deutsche Welle. This side of the pond, I read Google News more - CNN some and a lot of feed stuff - from Reuters. A lot, though, I read from aggregators or bloggers I come across.

    ReplyDelete